In an effort to engage and reward our young donors, we offer several scholarship opportunities for local students. Click on the links below to download a PDF with more information.
Education is at the foundation of a strong community and schools and students are an important part of what we do. High school donors make up 21% of our donor base and are vital to our community’s blood supply.
Planning a Blood Drive
A CBCC representative will work with you throughout the entire process to make planning your blood drive as easy as possible. We offer the following benefits to our high school partners:
- Scholarship and grant programs
- Sandwiches for students that donate during lunch
- Breakfast items for students that donate in the morning
- Snacks and drinks all day
- Free t-shirt for all donors
- Marketing materials to publicize the blood drive
- Recruitment prior to the blood drive to get students signed up
- Teaching tools to use in the classroom
- State HOSA recognition
- Parental consent form (if needed)
- Cords for graduating seniors that qualify
- A bloodmobile for schools without adequate space
- The empowered feeling of knowing they did a great service for our community and helped save local lives!
Donation consent forms
If your school requires a consent form to donate blood, please open the PDF associated with your state. Then print the form, have a parent of legal guardian sign it and bring the form with you to the blood drive.