In an effort to engage and reward our young donors, we offer several scholarship opportunities for local students. Click on the links below to download a PDF with more information.
Education is at the foundation of a strong community and schools and students are an important part of what we do. High school donors make up 25% of our donor base and are vital to our community’s blood supply.
High School Donors
You must be at least 16 years old to donate blood. All 16 year old donors must have a signed CBCC permission form in order to donate. Some schools may require a permission form regardless of the donor’s age. Our CBCC permission form also provides important parental information regarding the blood donation process. It is important that any donor, especially our younger donors, understand the blood donation process, how they can make the donation process safe for themselves and the patients who will receive their blood and how to take care of themselves after their blood donation.
Planning a Blood Drive
A CBCC representative will work with you throughout the entire process to make planning your blood drive as easy as possible. We offer the following benefits to our high school partners:
- Scholarship and grant programs
- Sandwiches for students that donate during lunch
- Breakfast items for students that donate in the morning
- Snacks and drinks all day
- Free t-shirt for all donors
- Marketing materials to publicize the blood drive
- Recruitment prior to the blood drive to get students signed up
- Teaching tools to use in the classroom
- State HOSA recognition
- Parental consent form (if needed)
- Cords for graduating seniors that qualify
- A bloodmobile for schools without adequate space
- The empowered feeling of knowing they did a great service for our community and helped save local lives!